Why I am back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
nelson I have been a machinist since 1979 (apprentice since 1975 until now and beyond ) worked as a naval shipyard machinist then power plant machinist since 1980 retired now. If you think that I could help you I would volunteer as a teaching moderator. spent the last 10 years at work teaching machinist apprentices bill

I thought all four were doing a good job with the site.
Are they still members ?.

Nelson I am glad to be back as I missed this forum. I am years older and wiser. As Bill said...I am a clean slate. I hope that goes for you too.
I apologize for my actions years ago. I hope you continue to use the commercial format as I signed up as. As you can see I have been helping in the rebuilding section and I have no desire to be a moderator. I now teach in person and on the forums and like taking the summers off. If your up in Wisconsin next summer and would like to go fishing for a Muskie let me know . I have a huge cabin with a couple of spare bedrooms. Rich

Welcome back Nelson. We missed ya. Sorry you had to come back under the circumstances but sometimes changes just don't work out the way we want. I am grateful to you for starting this forum and keeping it friendly.

Thank You
Roy

I thought all four were doing a good job with the site.
Are they still members ?.

At the present time, Bill Gruby is still an active member and global moderator.
Before this happened, Terry got furious and resigned as everything other than a member.
Gator posted a very furious message in the staff section expressing his anger that I stepped into a dispute he caused with a new member.
Ken's account is unharmed, but in limbo right now.
The accounts have not been removed or anything drastic, but they cannot be accessed until there is some understanding.
If you have been on this site awhile, you know that I do not dominate the discussions, or even participate.
I know absolutely nothing about machining, and, after 7-1/2 years running this place, I was on a mission to learn something when this happened..

Nelson,
Thank you for establishing this website. It is a very valuable source of information and provides a "community" setting for me. Being able to get the wisdom of experienced machinists is a great feature. I certainly hope that this website policy doesn't deteriorate.

Nelson I am glad to be back as I missed this forum. I am years older and wiser. As Bill said...I am a clean slate. I hope that goes for you too.
I apologize for my actions years ago. I hope you continue to use the commercial format as I signed up as. As you can see I have been helping in the rebuilding section and I have no desire to be a moderator. I now teach in person and on the forums and like taking the summers off. If your up in Wisconsin next summer and would like to go fishing for a Muskie let me know . I have a huge cabin with a couple of spare bedrooms. Rich

Richard,

Life is too short to hold any grudges- everyone is welcome, and I mean that sincerely.

If you speak to Keith Rucker, I am very interested in working with him in some way.
Cross-links are definitely welcome. I'd like to have him put some of his videos in our video library instead of YouTube. And I would like to pay you guys a small honorarium to make us some videos of your skills.

Nelson

As a toolmaker for years in small shops I feel I know how to do some things with very little tooling. As most of the small shops had less tooling than I had. Therefore I will continue to help those that I can and have in the past. I have not posted much lately because of health issues but I do check in often so will try to do more for the members if I can.

Hi Nelson,
Glad to see you back, sorry it did not go as you planned.
We are behind you.

I hadn't noticed any changes. I guess I'm not sure how one would see the difference. Sorry Nels but things seem to be the same with or without you. Hope you get your shop in order. As someone who admins a volleyball program and has been an officer in a few clubs, I know it's a thankless job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back