Why is it hard to find an ER11 collet chuck with a 2MT shank?

You can buy er20 mt2 and mt3 from china I have several and a couple of sets of collets ,These were of Lazada but can be brought of allied press or ban good the quality is okay and no issues with massive run out .
Price was about 12 dollars US for the collet chucks each and about 24 dollars for collet set 1 mm to 16 mm
I only use Lazada as I live in Thailand and what the price is on the site is what you pay including freight and duties and is most of the time cash on delivery .but same items can be found on aliexpress

Last edited:
Could you get a square collet block and indicate it in a 4 jaw chuck? Would have the benefit of being able to utilise the through hole for longer stock as well as being a useful fixture for drilling cross holes.

I have an MT2 ER20 collet chuck for my Myford ML7. ER20 collets go from 13mm down to 1mm diameter. It uses a drawbar so you don't get the through capacity to used long stock.

I also have a set on MT2 collets, which again use a drawbar and go straight into the taper. They don't seem very popular but logic would tell me that they would be more accurate as you have one less interface.

But I use neither now as I made a ER32 collet chuck for the lath so that is my preferred option when I want to use collets. And being ER it doesn't need the drawbar (chuck screws directly onto the spindle thread) and I get the long stock capacity.

The MT2/ER20 chuck and colllets I got off Banggood. The MT2 collets off Ebay out of a sell in Hong Kong.

Back