Resolved Why push notifications

Jakedaawg

Registered
Registered
Why does the forum want me to enable push notifications on my Samsung phone? The phone is the only way I have to view the forum. What will I miss if I dont enable?

Thanks.

@Jakedaawg - you are not required to turn on push notifications. You won't be missing anything that you already don't know you are missing. If you choose not to use the feature, nothing should change for you. It is a feature that is very useful on desktop browsers and is not required to be on the forum while on your phone.

If you have Alerts turned on (click on your User ID toward the right end of the upper main tool bar to check, but in your case probably do NOT also turn on emails), a list of any threads with new posts in any Forum that you have elected to Watch will be in a list that you can check by clicking on the Bell icon a little farther to the right.

@Jakedaawg - is there anything else we can help you out with? Is this settled from your end?

If i could jump in here, What are push notifications. ? I have them all checked but don't know what they are.

Thanks

Ditto on what are push notifications?

Sounds really pushy, I get enough ads pushed on my screen just trying to read the news.

Push notifications will popup in your browser when you are logged into H-M. So you can be watching a youtube video, or reading a forum and the browser will notify you with a popup. (EDIT: the popup is in the lower corner of your monitor.)

This is a preference that you set. Go to your profile and turn it off or on depending on whether you find them useful or not.

Yes, some people see them as no different than ads...others find them very useful if they are tracking a forum or question that they have asked and want to jump right on it when there is a reply, for example.

Anyway, your preference. It is not a requirement of the site to receive push notifications.

Last edited:
Some do, some don't. That's why you can turn the function off.

Back