Why wont Precision Matthews respond to my technical support questions via their website?

rodjava

Registered
Registered
Why wont Precision Matthews respond to my technical support questions via their website?
It's been 7 days since I sent the technical support department at Precision Matthews, requesting detailed information on how to adjust the ball nuts on my PM 940 cnc.
Just today, I send another 2nd request for help.

Is Precision Matthews still in operations? Have other members experienced the same poor "after the sale" technical support?

I'm going to give then another 7 days to respond before I start my rant..................

Rod in San Francisco
"loyal Precision Matthews customer since 2017"

In a small company like PM with outsourced web hosting and email, there are about 10 things that could go wrong. I suggest giving PM a call.

Thanks for chiming in. I tried once to call, but was put on hold for a long time before deciding to give up and sent the email inquiry.

I will give PM the benefit of the doubt. At least for now. However, when it comes to a business that deals with customers and technical support, there should be no excuse for web hosting and emails.

Rod in San Francisco

It is a small company. Not everyone can respond immediately although 7 days is quite some time. Matt or one of his guys are usually very good, but sometimes he has other fires to put out. He has always responded to my emails or phone calls.
Have you posted the question about how to adjust your nuts on this forum? Sometimes boxers help.

Are they football fans?

I know some places made the long weekend longer with Friday off too. That would make for a pretty good backlog of stuff to get to on Tuesday morning.

John

Thanks for chiming in.

For the most accurate help, technical support is my first choice. Yes, the membership has helped me in the past and will continue as ask for their help. But since I paid short of $10,000 for my system and accessories, it's the least PM can do for me.

Rod In San Francisco

I've never had a technical question for them, but I received first rate customer service. Even when dealing with spare/warranty parts they were great. That being said they are a small company, and it seems like Matt wears a lot of hats, so getting things timely might be hard.

I'd say call them again.

PZ

I had one inquiry that went unanswered for a few days. When I called, they found my inquiry in their resolved folder, a simple clerical error. Every other inquiry is answered the same day as submitted. I'd give it another try, or call.

When you sent an email did you get a auto reply message saying they would get back with you?
I’ve had good luck with emails and phone calls.

Back