Why ?

Heck, I've got a Hardinge on my 10" Logan, it dresses it up nicely. :grin:
Add the fact that I haven't gotten around to doing up the T-Nut for the AXA....

I have a holder for my Dremel that fits the vise off of the milling attachment, which of course will fit the pintle on the cross slide, I have the later factory TP Grinder but sometimes use the Dremel with slitting disk to cut off tiny thin wall tubing. Perhaps he was trying to use the vise to hold a workpiece for some milling or boring operation. Or it could be that he just didn't know any better.

I'm thinking the latter Robert , at least everything seems to be there . I think the price is not too far off
you have to start somewhere , the KDK is probably worth $400. If he has a few more holders .
I like his Triumph collection .

That vice on the crossslide is off the milling attachment that's laying on the stand. The compoung slide is pictured in the box. Those milling attachments routinely go for ~300, so I would say your estimate of 400 for the whole thing would be an exceptional deal. My take is closer to 800, based on the shape and included tooling.

Yes I understand that is the vice for the milling attachment . Why is it on the cross slide ? And I did notice the KDK on the compound . I did not say 400. for the whole thing , I said that just the KDK was worth 400 .

As several have said, he may have been trying to use the lathe as a horizontal mill. Another possibility is that he discovered that it would fit and thought it looked cute, or mysterious.

It got his ad nationwide exposure, with the right target audience. I'd say he was smart.

As I said... :D

Back