Why ?

Hmmmm ..... Yes I could see how it could be used as a horizontal , all you have to do is go bigger on the e'mill for more depth of cut . Oh c'mon that was funny . Hey if I'm going to be a jerk , I'm going to be a funny jerk .

I thought the Logan catalog page in the last picture was in some ways even more odd than the misused milling attachment. Did Atlas even make an 11" lathe? Isn't the 101.07403 a 12" lathe?

My comment in post #10 was aimed at my previous comment in #8, plus agreement with #9.

Rich, I don't see a Logan catalog page. But in any case, the four sizes of lathes that Atlas ever made were 6", 9", 10" and 12". The only sizes that they made for Sears were 9" and 12". And yes, the 101.07403 is a 12".

The last picture in the CraigsList link has the Logan catalog page and the title says 11 inch: AtlasLatheLoganPage.PNG

Yahbut, you can write anything you like up there, but the photo is obviously of the Logan 1900 Series from a Logan catalog. Probably from 1953 as the page is identical to the first 1900 Series page in that Logan catalog. Call it false advertising, disinformation, or whatever you like. But it is obviousley incorrect.

Last edited:
Yes. Many sellers just automatically include all of the three or four most common lathe manufacturer's names in all of their small lathe related ads.

Back