Wicked cool vises I just got on ebay.....

Tool-in-the-Box

Active User
Registered
Wicked cool vises, post them here.....

I kind of have all the machines I need so I have been looking for more tooling. One can never have enough tooling, right. :thinking:

This is a neat vice for odd shaped stuff. Its super clean! Got it for 250.00

A01.JPGA02.JPGA03.JPGA04.JPG

I believe this is a Burke vise. I have been trying to get one of every Burke accessory. Need to make some jaws, also the machine screw on the handle is not original (I have a replacement somewhere around here). Got it for 180.00

A05.JPGA06.JPGA07.JPG

A01.JPG A02.JPG A03.JPG A04.JPG A05.JPG A06.JPG A07.JPG

Last edited:
Nice find. they look real handy. kvt

Wow man!

That first vice is SO cool! I've never seen jaws like that!

Bernie

Good find! The jaws on the top vise could be easily made and fit to about any vise. Looks like another project on the to do list. Thanks

This could be a thread of "Vises - odd and unusual" ??

Wow, ToolBox - that is some nice looking kit. Here is a shot of my odd looking vise.

DSC02351.JPGDSCF2793.JPGDSCF2794.JPG

The second set of 2 piece jaws didn't make it to the auction (oh well, I'm just glad that the loose one piece jaw didn't go astray).
There is no branding on it, just "Made in Germany"

Apparently this is a Simco Tri-vise / Universal. ?

Regards, David

DSC02351.JPG DSCF2793.JPG DSCF2794.JPG

David, that's a neat looking one. I changed the title, hopefully we will see some more cool vises. -J

Oops, looks like I can't edit the title.

Last edited:
That's an extremely cool vise - one that appears to be built well and should last far beyond many others. Every so many "purchases" the "Murphy" that lives and works on Ebay steps out of the room and the greatest deals of the day show up! Looks like you were there at the right time - good for you and at a reasonable price too for what it appears to be. Good thing I didn't see it or one of us would have had to find some more money!

Here is a beast made by Vertex that I have . I think the weight is about 100 lbs.

Machine Vise.jpg

Machine Vise.jpg

There are some great looking machine vises featured here. :thumbzup3:

I thought I would show a unique American Scale No. 75H, bench vise that has a pivoting jaw on the stationary side to hold irregular shaped workpieces.

AMSCVISE3.jpg AMSCVISE7.jpg AMSCVISE8.jpg

Back