Will I Have A Job Tomorrow??

Buffalo21

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
At 2:30 pm this afternoon, I received a phone call, from my former (as of yesterday) owner, he would received his asking price, plus 20%, if he walked away immediately. He took the check and signed the papers, so at this point I have a new owner (or owners).

The new principal owner called me this late this afternoon, he promised me nothing would change, business would go on as usual (we shall see), I expressed my concerns and serious doubts about the old owner leaving, so abruptly, but he tried to reassure me all would be well. I have to be at the company office on Tuesday morning, for a face to face meeting, something I’m not really looking forward to.

now where did I put that resume..........

Yikes!
That’s a bit alarming to say the least.
Here’s hoping everything works out for the best for all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My company has been bought 3 times, still working, but it was big fish eating little fish. Now if it is a financial group maybe not so good.

I have been through a similar situation once before. That meeting with the new boss is basically a justify your job meeting under the guise of getting to know you.

It is either the new owner thinks the previous owner is out to screw him or he is the type that thinks he knows everything and needs no help.
Usually the previous owner is kept around to smooth the transition, a walk away right now deal is extra scary.

Good luck.

@Buffalo21

From what I have seen here:
1) you are a very talented and experienced person
2) you are willing to put in the hours and effort required to get the job done right

If the new company is any good, they already know the above and you have nothing to worry about.
If the new company isn't any good, then you do not want to work there anyway.

Someone with your skills and attitude should be fine either way.

-brino

Last edited:
If I bought a company I would want to meet the employees. If you are worth what they are paying you, then there should not be an issue.

Labor is every business’ biggest problem. I wouldn’t be too worried until they start changing your pay.

That being said, I’d polish up your resume and be prepared for the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course you have a job tomorrow, you don’t meet with the boss until Tuesday. :)

Last edited:
We went from a start up where 2 of the four owners put in the money and the other two worked without pay for the first couple years. 16 years later the surviving 2 owners sold to a private investment group who were hands off. Sold twice since to two more private investment groups who have purchased other related companies and expanded our businesses.
It can get scary not knowing the vision of the new owner!
Pierre

I think brino summed it up very well. From an employers view point , good people are hard to find and it’s important to retain them. From your view point you have valuable skills that have helped the company be as valuable as it is. If need be your skills are quite marketable. Good people will land on their feet no mater what the world throws at them. Could turn out to be an opportunity. Good luck

Back