Will Pick Up Pm 1340 Gt Monday 07/20/15

I am using TECO leveling feet on my 1340GT.

Mike.
Mike did you use metric or American thread, I look at the threaded hole figure its metric and then the extra non threaded hole next to it. I could re tap hole if needed

Hank

I ordered the Te co brand 1/2-13 thread, I will drill a 1/4 hole in bottom of each pad and install short pin to hold metal plates I need to put under leveling foot. I hate it when you start to adjust foot only to have plate turn and go out from under leveling pad.

Hank

Interestingly, I did not rethread my 1340GT stands. Honestly, I didn't even consider that they might be different, (and Mike didn't warn me that they were). :)

Edit: I used the same one Mike used, as described in his setup thread.

Last edited:
I can't remember if I used 1/2"-13 threaded leveling feet or 5/8"-11. I am fairly certain I used 1/2" because don't remember drilling the holes in the cabinets out at all.

Mike.

Mike/Mark/Bill:
I just got these from Enco: http://www.use-enco.com/1/1/40403-studded-pivotal-stud-mount-leveling-pads-mounts-990-2060.html
They look like duplicates of the TECO version you are using, 1/2-13 threads, BUT... they thread extremely hard. I stopped. I'm convinced RICH V is right, they must be metric. I supposed I could just cram them through, but I think I'll go buy a 1/2-13 tap and do what RICH did.
Do you guys remember having to re-tap the holes?

OH, BY THE WAY, I GOT MY LATHE!!

Lafe

Mike/Mark/Bill:
I just got these from Enco: http://www.use-enco.com/1/1/40403-studded-pivotal-stud-mount-leveling-pads-mounts-990-2060.html
They look like duplicates of the TECO version you are using, 1/2-13 threads, BUT... they thread extremely hard. I stopped. I'm convinced RICH V is right, they must be metric. I supposed I could just cram them through, but I think I'll go buy a 1/2-13 tap and do what RICH did.
Do you guys remember having to re-tap the holes?

OH, BY THE WAY, I GOT MY LATHE!!

Lafe

YES - Run a tap through the threaded holes in the lathe - paint buildup is probably your problem

I didn't have to use a tap, my TECOs screwed right in. But maybe I just got lucky?

Told you so.:p

Run the tap and all will be good. Enjoy your new lathe!

Back