[4]

willing to help

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

george

Registered
I am in Mattawan Michigan Retired machinest and willing to help.

Smithdoor

Active User
Registered
I am in same boat per the Doctor Today I have a paper job
What type of machine work did you do
Dave

I am in Mattawan Michigan Retired machinest and willing to help.

george

Registered
I am in same boat per the Doctor Today I have a paper job
What type of machine work did you do
Dave
I worked in a Job Shop we did whatever came threw the door. Rebuilt and made parts for production machines, farm equipment, fixtures for production, ground punches and small die's. I now have a hobby shop. Atlas, south bend, clausing lathes clausing and bridgeport mills, surface grinder,tool grinder etc.

sk1nner

Active User
Registered
I wish I lived closer to you, the opportunity to learn in person from a experienced machinist would be great.

george

Registered
I wish I lived closer to you, the opportunity to learn in person from a experienced machinist would be great.
If you are not already planing on it a great place to go to meet machinists is the N.A.M.E.S. show at the Yack arena in Wyndot the third weekend in April. always see some Amazing projects.

Smithdoor

Active User
Registered
My shelf I had shop MFG Hangar doors for over 30 years. After 911 no work came in the door sold it. They are still making doors.
I work in other shop now I have a journeymen machinist card for repair.
After having chemo all the doctors said do not go back to machine work.
Today I have small shop with a SB 9A and a HF small mill doing paper work for some one else.

Dave

I worked in a Job Shop we did whatever came threw the door. Rebuilt and made parts for production machines, farm equipment, fixtures for production, ground punches and small die's. I now have a hobby shop. Atlas, south bend, clausing lathes clausing and bridgeport mills, surface grinder,tool grinder etc.

sk1nner

Active User
Registered
If you are not already planing on it a great place to go to meet machinists is the N.A.M.E.S. show at the Yack arena in Wyndot the third weekend in April. always see some Amazing projects.
I knew about N.A.M.E.S. but didn't know when/where it was, thanks!

r.vial

Registered
Hello I would like.to pick ur brain and learn from u I own a van Norman 22 lu I am in the works of getting back going from setting for 15 years it is 50 tapper with a r8 addater in it I need help on finding what the threads are on a r8 collet so I can make a custom drawbar for this machine could u help me find out the threads

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk

jpfabricator

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
7/16x20

Sent from somewhere in East Texas Jake Parker

r.vial

Registered
7/16x20

Sent from somewhere in East Texas Jake Parker
I have to some how think of how to make one to fit my machine

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk