• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

Willing to mentor, Oklahoma City

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Paul in OKC

My time is some what limited, but I would be willing to help. I am a machinist, 37 years now. More proficient in manual, but reasonable knowledge in Cnc as well.

Calixt0

hi Paul I'm in Tuttle. Don't need an actual mentor but would love someone to clarify a few things from time to time.

skeeks03

Swarf
Registered Member
Hi Paul. I might be quite interested. I am looking to learn how to chamber, thread and set up barrels for gunsmithing purposes. I have little to no knowledge but like to learn new things. I know my way around a rifle very well, just dont know anything about machining or working a lathe. I am up in Tulsa.

Paul in OKC

Thanks guys. Forgot I put this out there :) I am learning some gunsmithing as well, so can help chambering. Also be glad to answer any questions. PM or email is best to contact me.
phdesigns1@yahoo.com

Calixt0

Glad to see you're still around. when questions pop up I will email.. thanks for the heads up and your kind offer!

r.vial

My time is some what limited, but I would be willing to help. I am a machinist, 37 years now. More proficient in manual, but reasonable knowledge in Cnc as well.
I would love to pick ur brain and learn all I can I have a van Norman 22Lu more lol I am in the works of getting back running I do have a question for u now if u don't mind it has a r8 adapter in it now but with it being so old I need to make my own draw bar for this can u tell me what the treads on a r8 collet are please and thank you for take I g u time to sphere the wisdom u have I want to do every thing by hand

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk

Paul in OKC

R8 collets have a 7/16-20 thread in them.

r.vial

Thank u very much

r.vial

Hello I have a problem I ave asked other people and keep getting treated as if I am dumb just because I don't know I have the reverse switch and a 120/220 motor I wired the motor up and did it wrong.and it RU s back words I under stand how to change that I need to know how I would run 120 to the reverse switch and then wire the motor to the switch here is what I am working with 3eca43d2f20da81b9183646ffbb15cbe.jpg 7c0c249892ad53e1ea0ca559277ec9e1.jpg . Can u please help me thank u

Attachments

Paul in OKC

Sorry, haven't checked in here in a bit. Afraid I am not much help here. Electrical is tough enough when right in front of me, let alone thru pictures!

[6]
[5] [7]