Windows 10 is running slow -- Fixed

If one needs Windows use à VM I have installed about 4 vm on My 8gb MacMini and that Works Well enough. Mac os x as à host or linux on other toys with either os x beos haiku even Classic amiga and 2 Windows version.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

Before I bought my Area-51 gamer I had Win7 installed on my iMac using Bootcamp and it work surprisingly well. I used to brag that I had 3 systems (Unix/MacOS/Windows) in one. :)

One of these days the makers of games will recognize the Linux platform as a viable alternative to windoze. That would be cool.

I advise everybody to turn off all the telemetry services that Microsoft uses to track everything that you do.

For the dummies in the crowd (me) could you list the things that can be turned off?

If still usable in the latest ms software piriform ccleaner would be helpfull for you.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

I know folks running Win10 with only 4GB of RAM, and one guy's got only 2GB. Yes, it works, but you can't have too many apps running. Windows Update can slow down a system when it's checking for udpates. Seen it many times. I was a Linux guy for some years but they could never get it right right outta the box. Either the sound or the video would be messed up or not optimal. It's a shame but it is what it is.

Never get it right out of the box - sounds like Microsoft!

Well, all joking aside you have a better chance of Windows running respectably well than any Linux derivative, at least all the ones I've tried lately.

Hardware issues used to be a problem with CHEAP non-standard hardware that depended on a custom driver to mask the hardware faults. This same hardware wouldn't run under Wondows, either, without their special driver. I have had no issues with hardware compatibility for a decade, or more. And I have lots of installations. Even my Windows machines are really virtual installations on a linux host. No Windows update eating half of the cpu. No anti-virus virus eating the other half. Little worry about opening email, or websites, or any such. I know what's going on with the machines; no walled garden. And running linux means never having to start a thread titled "Windows 10 running slow". :)

I remember the first time I tried it, Redhat maybe something like version 3? I then tried Mandriva but still it was not ready for prime time. My brother and BIL were using a MythTv box which used Mythdora and this did work. Since then I have built a couple Myth boxes and found Ubuntu to be the easiest to set up. I have had no issues with Ubuntu LTS versions. Started with 12 and I am currently running 16. My current MythTv box also runs Kodi that many people call an Android box.

Any ways back to the topic. I was pointed to used workstations for heavy CPU process programs like photo and video editing. Buy a used HP Z800 series for under $1k, compared to when they were new for many multiples of their current pricing! Get very stable hardware at rock bottom pricing.
Pierre

Hardware issues used to be a problem with CHEAP non-standard hardware that depended on a custom driver to mask the hardware faults. This same hardware wouldn't run under Wondows, either, without their special driver. I have had no issues with hardware compatibility for a decade, or more. And I have lots of installations. Even my Windows machines are really virtual installations on a linux host. No Windows update eating half of the cpu. No anti-virus virus eating the other half. Little worry about opening email, or websites, or any such. I know what's going on with the machines; no walled garden. And running linux means never having to start a thread titled "Windows 10 running slow". :)

My experiences with Linux running high and mid level hardware has been lacking, too. My servers, sure, I'm using it but on my own personal PC's where I need solid video and audio it's still lacking. BTW, I'm no Windows fanboy by any means. It seems I go back to running Linux at home and laptops every 6 months but I just get let down...again. Anyway, I didn't mention it before but good post Jim. Hopefully this will help some folks out here.

Back