Windows 10 is running slow -- Fixed

Why is it every time someone disagrees with the Linux faithful they have to come out with pitchforks like someone spit on their religion?

It (Linux) is just another choice, like MacOS or Windows. Some folks use/like it, others don't. Enjoy what you like and quit trying to push your choice on everyone else who disagrees with you. Wow.

See what you started Jim? ;)

Just the same as with soccer clubs, religion, politics etc. Just for the sake of argue.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

The other side of the coin is much misinformation and opinions are tossed out as fact, and when corrected it is considered "coming out with pitchforks". Example. 15-20 years ago Apple "borrowed" part of the X11 stack (just not the part that made it unique and useful). This was done to make it easier for their developers to "borrow" programs from the Unix world. So how does this make the modern Linux version "stripped down"?

I'm about ready to roll back to DOS 6.22 I think I have a copy of Borland C for DOS around here somewhere. :grin:

Did some of my best firmware design/coding on DOS. Used borland C, but liked Watcom better as it would generate 186 native. I don't remember if Borland did. :)

It turns out that there are two Microsoft services that were causing the problem, neither of which are needed.:mad:

....and there's probably more "services" that are not strictly required.

This is exactly the reason I'll be delaying any "upgrades" from Win7 for many years to come.
My computers are stable, do what I want, and still look familiar. I have no reason to change that.

Jim, I know that in Win7 the "Group Policy Editor" was only accessible in "Professional" versions but not in "Home" versions. Do you know if that's true for Win10 as well?

-brino

Jim, I know that in Win7 the "Group Policy Editor" was only accessible in "Professional" versions but not in "Home" versions. Do you know if that's true for Win10 as well?

I don't know. I only have the Pro versions.

Recent home convert to Linux Mint 18.1 here. Happy so far. It is allowing me to resurrect some decent desktops and laptops that were essentially unusable under the bloat from Mickeysoft after XP. The final push was my old copy of AutoCAD would not run after a WIN OS upgrade. Works great under Linux/Wine combo.

This is exactly the reason I'll be delaying any "upgrades" from Win7 for many years to come.
My computers are stable, do what I want, and still look familiar. I have no reason to change that.

Not in any version of Windows Home, no. But it can be installed. See here. These days fancy marketing tries to fool people into thinking their systems are unusable. As for Win7, or any OS, as long as it does what you need in a reasonable amount of time then it's not obsolete.

Back