Wiring a 575V 3 phase motor Help Please

How can you do a double star when you only have three coils, ? if you take the left hand (incomplete)diagram on pic 3, and link U1 to V2, V1 to W2 and W1 to U2, and connect the phases to U1, V1 and W1 the motor is in Delta, but this is not the problem the OP is having, as I said above, connecting the motor is easy, even though the wiring diagram supplied is incomplete, it is wiring the switch to the motor to make the change between star and delta with all the coils kept in the correct sequence that is the OP's problem!

How can you do a double star when you only have three coils, ? if you take the left hand (incomplete)diagram on pic 3, and link U1 to V2, V1 to W2 and W1 to U2, and connect the phases to U1, V1 and W1 the motor is in Delta, but this is not the problem the OP is having, as I said above, connecting the motor is easy, even though the wiring diagram supplied is incomplete, it is wiring the switch to the motor to make the change between star and delta with all the coils kept in the correct sequence that is the OP's problem!
The motor is internally permanently connected in delta. The corners of the delta are U1, V1 and W1. You don’t need any jumpers to run the motor in the low speed delta configuration. You simply connect L1, L2 and L3 to the corners of the delta at U1, V1 and W1.

The 3 windings are also center tapped at U2, V2 and W2, respectively. To configure the motor for double star high speed operation, you tie the corners of the delta together with jumpers between U1, V1 and W1, and connect L1, L2 and L3 to the center taps at U2, V2 and W2.

One thing that didn’t immediately pop out at me in OP’s photo of the motor connection nameplate is that the terminal subscripts are inverted between the delta and 2Y diagrams. That makes a big difference in interpreting the diagram.

Tom

Back