Wiring a forward/stop/reverse switch on an Atlas 618???

Bingo....... now I can fix it to run as it should.

Ask and you shall receive....... Will tackle that tomorrow...... curious to see if I get it right the first time

...........what did we do before the WEB?????

Thanks everyone.

Bob C

Ok.. so some very good information.. and along those lines.. my Atlas 10" is running on 110V.. but it is so weak that I can not take more thank about a 3 thousands cut before it draws the motor to a stand still. This is what appears to be the original Atlas motor so it does have 220v Capability and I have the same style rocker switch that Dave Payne showed above. What do I need to switch to get this running on 220V?? Anyone???

ZouchaR it sounds like your motor is wired for 220 already, hence the weak performance. Can you post some pictures of your motor and switch connections?
-Mark
Unfortunately it's not possible to give a single "one size fits all" solution to motor and switch issues- too many different styles and color codes

I wouldn't trust that your measurements are telling us much just yet-until we know the "lay of the land"
We need to see close up views of the switch contacts and the motor terminal board and data plate (if there is one)
Pictures preferred over videos
-Mark

Last edited:
Back