Wiring in a line filter

GunsOfNavarone

Registered
Registered
Good evening gents,
electrical isn't my strong suit and I'm getting some instruction that seems illogical to me, hopefully someone can shed some light here. I am swapping my G0602 lathe out to vfd. The wiring I was shown for the line filter has a line in and a neutral in one one side (2 separate connections) the line in has a ground from the electronics case attached to it. This just can't be right, but this is how this other person that did a similar setup has it wired, and it ran! Weather it's line or neutral, in or out, I don't see how it can be grounded to the case (?)
Thanks in advance.

Should not be grounded to the case ground, the neutral is separate from ground and the two are only bonded at the service entrance. Not sure what they were smoking when they hooked that up. In addition, some filters are symmetrical so they can be used in either direction, so each side will be labeled load/line, others have a power in (Line) and a Load side.
Line filter.jpg

Thanks guys. It's hard to make out the details, but yeah, it's what it looked like but I knew it couldn't be. Your pic have shed some light on the details i may not be seeing.
thank you for the quick responses!

Back