Wiring problems with a Busy Bee DF-1237G (DF1224G) lathe

I went out to my shop and looked more carefully at the wiring and contrary to what "Busy Bee" said, it can be run as 110 or 220V. I took some pictures of the wiring on the lathe. Maybe this will make more sense to someone else.

I finally had a motor repair person come and work on my lathe wiring. He spent about 45 minutes figuring out the wiring to use. The following picture shows how it should be wired for 220V.
Black to black, white to red, grey to white, and green to ground.

DSC_0614.JPG

My son is also a industrial electrician, but he is not interested in helping me out with my problem. I guess a lot of sons are like that today.

WTH! Sheesh, that sucks! :*****slap:

I finally had a motor repair person come and work on my lathe wiring. He spent about 45 minutes figuring out the wiring to use.

So does this mean it's running fine now?

I'm lucky, I do get help. He's nice like his mother. But there's some horse trading going on behind the scenes, as well. I helped him with his shed and gave him Phase II QCTP for his Boxford lathe.

I went out to my shop and looked more carefully at the wiring and contrary to what "Busy Bee" said, it can be run as 110 or 220V. I took some pictures of the wiring on the lathe. Maybe this will make more sense to someone else.

Hi zonk2,
i'm sorry i didn't see this thread until now
i could have saved you a lot of trouble.
i'm sorry to hear your son had no interest in helping out.
if you should have another problem like this or other electrical anomolies please send me a PM or start a thread like you did here. i'd be happy to help out any way that i could.

mike:))

Hi zonk2,
i'm sorry i didn't see this thread until now
i could have saved you a lot of trouble.
i'm sorry to hear your son had no interest in helping out.
if you should have another problem like this or other electrical anomolies please send me a PM or start a thread like you did here. i'd be happy to help out any way that i could.

mike:))

Thank you for the offer................I may need it someday.

Back