Wiring Rong-fu rf-30 for 220v. (please help)

MilesFordMullin

Registered
Registered
I've read a lot of the other threads about doing this, and I feel like im really close... I copied a diagram that Mark posted for a Terry about his enco mill... but it isn't working.

when I got the mill it was wired for 115 and it worked in one direction. When I switched the positions of the wires 5 and 6 it switched direction.

If someone could help me figure out the issue that would be much appreciated. I am a newbie at machining and what I know about motors and electricity I have learned in the last 5 days of trying to get this mill running...

I roughly labeled the pictures I have attached, but incase it is unclear, at the motor, the blue wire is not connected to anything. 1 is connected to the brown wire, 2,3,5 are linked, 4 is connected to the black wire, and 6 is connected the red wire. inside the switch black is connected to position 5, red to position 3, and brown to position one. the bottom of the switch has the two wires going out with nothing connected to the middle position.

I apologize if I have used incorrect terms or made a dumb mistake... But I am trying.

thank you

miles

Attachments

• IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0461.jpg
    IMG_0461.jpg
    1,008 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0463.jpg
    IMG_0463.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0464.jpg
    IMG_0464.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0476.jpg
    IMG_0476.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0460.jpg
    IMG_0460.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 23
Hi Miles- I'm on it; let me take a look and I'll post back
-Mark
Your switch I think is different than Terry's- this should work:
If the rotation is backwards from the switch handle swap 1 and 4 at the motor or at the switch.
Make sure the machine is well grounded
Mill240X1T.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Miles- I'm on it; let me take a look and I'll post back
-Mark
Your switch I think is different than Terry's- this should work:
If the rotation is backwards from the switch handle swap 1 and 4 at the motor or at the switch.
Make sure the machine is well grounded
View attachment 336300

YESSSSSS!!!!! Success. Thank you very much Mark

Back