[How do I?] Wiring Up A Treadmill Motor (i Know, I Know)

Good point.

Mine doesn't list the amperage explicitly, but the nameplate says 2.60HP cont. duty @ 110VDC/1940 watts, which is 17.6A... but it also says 2.80HP "treadmill duty" (which is apparently some arbitrary number somewhere between the continuous and peak duty ratings) @ 130VDC. 17.6*2.8/2.6=18.99, so a 20A fast blowing fuse ought to do it. Or maybe a 15 to be safe, and have a 20A on hand in case the 15 doesn't do it.

Though I will have the reversing switch on the box holding the controller on the back of the machine where I can't reach it easily, far away from the other controls.
Sounds right, but I'm still wonering what the proper value would be for a fuse between the reversing switch and the controller.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Sounds right, but I'm still wonering what the proper value would be for a fuse between the reversing switch and the controller.

That's what I was talking about, could need as much as 20A... but no harm starting smaller, then upping the size if it blows during normal use. The real question is what can the board take?

Yes that is exactly the question what can the board take, not what it can put out. The only time the board would get any current back to it is if the motor was reversed without coming to a stop first. I can't believe that it could withstand anything near 15 or 20 amps. Maybe I'm not thinking right?

Last edited:
View attachment 111803 View attachment 111802
[/QUOTE]
Hello, I do like your drawing(schematic) of this item. I have a dc motor operating my wood lathe off the MC-60 controller w/potentiometer . I want to attach a DTDP switch for forward /reverse. I’m illiterate in electronics & such BUT I follow pictures real good. If you could add in the DTDP switch into your diagram it would mean the world to me. Email me if u like @ zetuskid@gmaildotcom.
Thank you very much!
zetuskid

The information for the reversing switch is in the attached document.

Attachments

• MC-60 Wiring Diagram with Options.docx
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
Back