[How do I?] Wiring Up Single Phase 220v Drum Switch To Motor On My Bridgeport

the jumpers i was referring to are small metal clips that connect the poles of the switch
if you loosen the wire holding screws enough , you may be able to remove the jumpers and configure the switch at will.
but a wiring diagram will take a lot of guesswork and thinking out of the equation.
if i were right next to you, i'd be able to tell you in 2 seconds, but i'm at a slight disadvantage here 1800 miles away and all :)
i'm happy to help when you need it.

I'm sure I will be in touch as soon as I get his schematic. Thanks for the offer

Ok, here's what I got from ACI (switch company)

file:///C:/Users/Charles%20Hallan/Downloads/128447-000-11%20LAYOUT%20(1)%20(1).pdf

Don't know if this will show? If not how do I "save" a pdf file so I can repost it

the pdf didn't show only the address did.

when you reply to my post , look at the lower right portion of the bottom of your screen, you'll see 3 tabs
one says post reply, one says upload a file, the other says more options...

you'll click the upload a file tab, you'll be prompted to upload
click on the pdf file you'd like to upload and click the insert tab
the pdf will show up at the bottom of your reply post

Ok, I'll try it that way

Attachments

• wired.pdf
    39.6 KB · Views: 26
maybe i'm missing something, but the wiring diagram indicates, the switch is not for your kind of motor.
not to say that it can't be made to work, but i do believe it won't work if you were to follow their schematic.

Hi Mutt,
yes sir, those type of drum switches are very easy to utilize.
for simplicity and excellent service life that type of drum switch would be my choice

Ok, Can ya make me up a drawing for that drum switch? I'll buy one of them. If the manufacturer won't take this one back, I'll put it on eBay. I need my to use my mill without worrying that the 3 phase converter ain't gonna blow up in the middle of a job. I've smoked the caps at least 4 or 5 times, and the mill wasn't even under a load, Sometimes it will run for a while, some times not.

Back