Wood Machinists box at Costco

Nice find. I don't see it on their web site. Looks like you lucked out. I'm going to be stuck with the HF box it seems, though I have heard thy are serviceable for the money. What makes this so much better than the HF box? Or maybe the question is, what makes the HF box junk?

Many items & pricing sold in Costco stores are not the same or not available at Costco online. Many items at Costco online don't require membership.

Yea, I kind of figured that was the case. Thanks.

Still would like to know what makes the HF boxes "junk", as I have read others impressions of them and thought they were a good buy, especially with the 20% of coupon.

I was looking at these boxes yesterday at Costco, and was surprised at the apparent quality. Can't tell much about long term durability from a quick touvh and feel in the store, but the orice was nice.

Several years ago I bought both rolling chests,risers,and tool boxes from Costco. They are made of red oak,except for the sides of the rolling chests,which are MDF,veneered. I have had no problem with these chests holding weight.

But,these chests are very different from the chest being shown here. Mine are a lot more like Gerstners. Not quite as nice,but they were 10% of Gerstner price. So,a bargain,I think.

If the op will post a sku # might find it that way.

Back