Wood Machinists box at Costco

I
And now Costco has these Trinity Wooden Tool Boxes marked way down, $39.97 (at San Marcos, CA store). I thought it was a good deal when I got mine for Christmas, on sale for $75, as I recall.

I just ordered two with free shipping because I'm too lazy to stand in line at Costco. I'll report back on quality when they arrive.

Matt

I've been thinking about building my own. One of these days I'll get down the list to that project but for now things keep jumping above it.

You guys talked me into one. I was going to get 3 but decided I wanted to touch one first. Cost me $42 since I'm not a member. Also sounds pretty small but I need something to put this stuff in instead of cardboard. I have metal & plastic but that make tools rust if they aren't coated.

I was holding off figuring that I would have to get a membership, but I am starting to rethink this now. Might be one of those boxes in my future, too.

Aaaarrrgh there are no Costcos close enough to merit a membership.:mad:

Sent from somewhere in East Texas Jake Parker

It cost you $2 more without the membership. Being this is the only time I've ever bought anything from them & looking at their other prices I didn't think spending $55 on a membership was worth while. If they wasn't so small I would have bought a few but just one till I see what they are actually like. All of us jumping on this is going to drive the price up. To bad the fourm doesn't get a kick back from it for all the sales it has genarated.

I got two for $39.95 each with free delivery, one day shipping with no membership. The case and drawer boxes are made of MDF and lined with some sort of synthetic green felt. I don't consider these to be anywhere near the quality of solid wood, but for my purpose I'm happy with the purchase.

Matt

I also ordered one. I have a Kennedy but am running out of room. I was planning to make one of my own out of birch plywood, but at $44 with tax and non-member fee I cannot come close to making one for that kind of money. I knew they were made of MDF, but with proper care and usage it should last a long time.

Back