Wood shed interior wall material?

For ceiling material, I used barn siding. I have trusses on 4' centers, you are closer I am guessing. Light weight, but will span between and hold insulation, plus white reflects light. Plywood and OSB add structure, sheet rock is dead weight. I painted everything white for light reflection. If you hinge in the middle of your gable end, you can make your ceiling stringers accessible for long storage.
I understand the ceiling weight issue and that is one of my concerns. I do not understand the "hing in the middle". Can you explain in a different way?

Sorry for missing a letter there, hopefully this will clarify. On the gable end of a shed, you have two triangles that make up the shape. If you hinge one of the triangles at the center to make a door that swings outward, it gives a way to slide long items into the rafters. Barrel bolt will allow you to keep the door closed, adding a seal keeps the drafts out if the ceiling is open. Friend of mine did this for his storage shed and it worked great.

Sorry for missing a letter there, hopefully this will clarify. On the gable end of a shed, you have two triangles that make up the shape. If you hinge one of the triangles at the center to make a door that swings outward, it gives a way to slide long items into the rafters. Barrel bolt will allow you to keep the door closed, adding a seal keeps the drafts out if the ceiling is open. Friend of mine did this for his storage shed and it worked great.
Now I understand and thanks!

Back