[How do I?] Woods E-Trol

Sawyer

Registered
Registered
Good morning hope this works. I have a NOS Woods E-Trol ER-050ii, never been installed. I would like to install it on a vertical bandsaw just for speed control. The problem is I have very limited exposure to VFD's and no instruction manual or any kind of paperwork for guidance. I am aware of 5 potentiometer adjustment screws located behind the speed control dial, accessible with the dial removed. Can anybody offer any information or hopefully a manual, or instructions? I realise this is a dinosaur but seems such a waste to throw out something brand new and never used, just to buy something else with a manual. I haven't been able to find any information relevant to this drive on any internet search so far.

Do you have a DC motor on your bandsaw? That controller is for a DC motor, it's not a VFD.

Last edited:
Can that be used with a treadmill motor? (asks the electrical novice...)

Your Woods controller is similar to a KB electronics SCR speed control. Looks like it's good for up to 3/4 Horsepower
Should work fine with a small treadmill motor or similar DC motor
mark

Thanks for the education. I have decided to get a VFD and change to a three phase motor and gear drive for the saw. I guess the Woods drive will go back on the shelf to collect some more dust, at least now I know what I don't have.

Back