Woohoo!!! Just pulled the trigger on fully equipped Haas TL1!

fredybender

Active User
Registered
I just pulled the trigger on a low hour TL1 , with all the bells & whistles...
Need to sell my 13X40 HF gear head with all the tooling (shouldn't be hard to sell; just the tooling is worth the asking price ;) )
used_haas_tl1_lg.gif

used_haas_tl1_lg.gif

Congrats man. They are a great machine. I stumbled upon one a little over 2 years ago in a divorce sale. I got the machine, 8 inch chuck, 5C collet closer, tail stock, gang tool block and coolant system for just what was owed on the machine. I got it for $9,000.00. When I got it, it was 2 years old and it had less than 40 hours on it. Now it has about 2,000. I was able to run the machine before I bought it. I do contract machining, and I was able to rent that machine. It came up for sale about 6 months later.

Look nifty and I can only hope I need one some day...

Just curious, what are the specs on it?

Ray

I wasn't so lucky, you got a damn good price!!!
I was looking for a new one, but with the options, it came to about $40K
This one has about 400 hours and a bit over $25K
I got the following options on it:

Tail stock
8" true bore
spindle orientation
rigid tapping
User definable macros
visual quick code programming
Coolant pump
Work light
QCT with 6 holders

Specs here:
http://www.haascnc.com/DOCLIB/datasheets/DS_TLseries_US.pdf

Congratulations! I would love to have one.

That is awesome. Im assuming you drop that kinda scratch on a machine you have some work lined up for it?? If not I propose a wife swap!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is awesome. Im assuming you drop that kinda scratch on a machine you have some work lined up for it?? If not I propose a wife swap!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This^

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just me and my 14 yo son in the house...So all plans are "the boy's plans"
As far as having work lined up for it; No not yet, but "build it, and they will come" is kind of my way of thinking.

present shop and garage: The 13X40 needs to find a new home...

P1030163_zps9c4d2675.jpg
P1030106.jpg
P1030215.jpg
IMG_0557_zpsa64eb7fe.jpg
IMG_0558_zps06c71623.jpg
IMG_0561_zps5b1417b1.jpg

After waiting for a few weeks, for financing, and delivery of the lathe, it finally arrived...
I had my fair share of challenges since the beginning of the project, but the arrival, and setting of the machine, prooved very interesting...

A few pictures, to support the statement...

Please be advised, that the TL-1 is in my basement.

The door was too small to accept the complete machine, so disassembly of the contorl and arm, were done in the middle of the street (Ilive in front of a school, and this was at lunch time or so...)

2X 18 wheelers ( 1 for the lathe, and the other for the riggers lifrts) , me and my friend taking the machine appart in the street, right next to a grade school with very unpatient parents, prooved to be a good test for my resilience ;)

Pictures to provide proof to the claim :)
Tl1delivery001_zpsfe539224.jpg
Tl1delivery002_zps5ff3f3ed.jpg
Tl1delivery003_zps63fbfb34.jpg
Tl1delivery004_zps5e460a7a.jpg
Tl1delivery005_zps617d370d.jpg

Back