Would you buy....

Yup, me too. And the thing I often forget about is Z space. I constantly cruise CL and like right now there is a really nice Millrite in there for $1500 with some tooling and VFD. Great deal, but not only is the weight a major concern as far as moving. But also its too tall to fit in my garage so once again logistics curtail TAS.

TAS! Yup ... got it bad. But I've had to forcefully suppress it for several months, as I unpack/arrange/organize two shops' worth of tools and supplies to my new 50x30 shop. But I can still drool!

50x30!!!!!! Oh I'd be in deep yogurt. My 19x20 two car shop would need a shoe horn to get anything else in it. Everything has to be on castors so I can reconfigure to get anything done. It is getting old but at this stage of the game it's just too much $$$ for more space.

I want to have a new garage door installed, but I fear they will ask me to move some of my tools/machines so they can get better access....Dear Lord! Could you imagine?!?!

Ain't no thang when everything is on castors like mine. I had to move a bunch of stuff when we had a new electrical panel put in right next to the corner of the garage next to the door. It does end up being more like Tetris though, moving and wedging. My biggest problem is I have a steep driveway into the garage so heavy stuff is dangerous if I have to go out there. That also limits things.

That CMV1 is actually quite a small mill. Strictly speaking it is similar in size to the bench mills + stand discussed above, except you don't need a stand for it. Sure it is going to be heavier - but it's not like you are going to be carrying it around (whether 300# or 3000# - you still have to figure out a means of lifting it). The power is likely a little fussy, but not anything that many folks here have had to sort out.

Go check it out, it has a lot more capability than the other ones that you have looked at (if it works).

Another thought: if you buy used from an individual, you have no warranty. If it's really cheap, that might not be an issue. I considered it, pouring over CL day after day, but finally decided I didn't have the expertise to completely evauluate the condition of a machine in someone's garage with them looking on. Incidentally, Just had an email from PM telling me my 932M is on the truck and heading this way.

Everybody's experience is different, but my experience with warranty has been spotty at best. It has never worked out that it was still in force to save me anything. IMHO the first thing to go has been customer service being outsourced to poor helpless people overseas. And that's if you can navigate the first hurdle, the phone tree. My first concern is if someone still makes the parts. It's been a godsend that Grizzley seems to have parts for my various HF machine tools

That is the big appeal to Grizzly, many mods, many parts available. I did deal with warranty parts with Grizzly this week, they are awesome to deal with!

Back