Would you buy....

Losing x/y position is kinda a big deal. Talking to this guy on the phone, it seems this thing is about 3 years old and didn't see a lot of work. I don't want the drill press and i have some bargaining points...if he sells for an even grand, I'll take it, otherwise I'm passing. Going at 3:30 tomorrow...

If you do not have to move the head up or down during a project, then its is not such a big seal. I doubt I moved mine in over 5 years, But I only use it for small stuff.

A grand sounds fair.

Lol meet ya halfway I’ve a rong fu 30 clone it’s a round column and I’ll be honest I’d avoid a round column. I was in your same boat for about a year hold off until you find exactly what your looking for just gonna take a while

I went to see the machine... I was able to talk him down to $800, which is good, however, when you say no lowballers and drop your price 40%, that's odd. There was a terrible sound coming from it while running, he said that's how it sounds. I tinkered with it and fixed that (pulley on motor was rubbing on motor's collar.) Head seemed incredibly hard to move upward. A lot of things that lead me to believe care upkeep wasn't done regularly or well. It's Colorado School of Mines race team/shop. It just wasn't connecting to me...wasn't feeling it. Holding out sounds smart but I've missed some good deals...

Thats weird, I have heard lots of good stuff about the school of mines. Think they would be using real Colets, and end mills. Did you buy it?

The other is nicer, with the gears, and DRO. Worth 3 time the price? yea, maybe.

Yeah, something didn't feel right, told him to call me after the weekend if he didn't sell.
The Precision Matthews is much less than new, BUT there is a vice/tools and no shipping costs (and it's "in stock") so maybe a wash. I do feel like it's worth 3 times the price though there are good arguments for the PM25 over the 727...I'd be happy either way.

Back