Would you send this back?

Wino1442

Registered
Registered
Hi all....received a new DTI today and when I opened the box I could see that the tip is cocked to the right a bit ( photo doesn't show it quite like it looks in person). I'm a little disappointed seeing how this is a Starrett ( I know it's made in China, but I still expect a little better quality control). Anyway, do you think I should sent it back or am I making too much of this? Thanks.IMG_3543.jpg

For what you probably had to pay for it ,it should be right. How the mighty have fallen.. I would send it back. It's not a 9.99 special form Harbor Freight.

I suggest a little bit of trouble shooting. If it doesn't work out, you can still send it back.

The DTI kit should have come with a small "wrench", perhaps even other tips. Unscrew the tip, if the mounting hole has been drilled crooked - that's bad. If it is just the tip - complain and they will likely send you a replacement tip (they come in a kit - you may get a tip kit for free).

Verfy that the hole is bad, if you can, screw a tap into it, longer than the tip should show worse alignment.

Don't mess with it, send it back. It doesn't matter if you paid a lot or a little, the unit is defective.

Back