Would you send this back?

Send it back. If you use it trying to pick up an edge, it will be a Real PITA,

I have returned defective stuff to KBC, they payed return shipping and gave a full refund.
Don't know why they send out stuff like that in the first place.

That box (and the indicator) looks it was returned at least once before and was mistakenly put back in stock, I doubt very much that someone purposely shipped it out just to see if they can get away with it. as an outsider looking in I would give KBC the benefit of the doubt and let them make this right by sending you a new one without costing you a penny.

I have returned defective stuff to KBC, they payed return shipping and gave a full refund.
Don't know why they send out stuff like that in the first place.
Because we don't want to pay the upcharge to have everything inspected? :) It is how they handle the error that counts in my books. They are good to deal with.
What is more concerning is the aw who crashed the indicator, took the extras and sent it back for refund.

What is more concerning is the aw who crashed the indicator, took the extras and sent it back for refund.
Unfortunately, that is the way retail is now days. In the 90's, I worked for Lowes. Every fall, we would get 10 -15 mowers returned that had been used all summer. we would get credit from the company, and they went into the garbage compactor.

KBC should take care of it.

Just a quick update....I received the replacement from KBC quickly and without problems. The woman I spoke with, Loreen , was friendly and a pleasure to deal with.

Back