Wrench Madness- Tale of 3 Wrenches

? Makes me wonder how you know that :)

You should see what folks have brought to me for repair over the years.
Coffee - Black is no problem at all.
1.)
I once came back to my office after lunch to find a laptop in a shopping bag sitting on my desk with a post-it saying that it 'died over the weekend at home", well it was filled with cat pee. His cat liked laying on the keyboard cause it was warm I guess, and had relieved itself while resting.
I shoved it in a trash can and returned it to his office with a sternly written note....
2.)
Merlot spilt all over the keyboard. Corrodes the innards of the computer. Was able to rescue the family's photos off the hard drive without problem though.
3.)
Laptop in case with bottle of OJ for company on trans-atlantic flight. rescued data, laptop - toasted.
4.)
ANY energy drink spilt onto keyboard - corrodes everything it touches...
5.)
Panasonic Toughbook dropped off of back of truck and driven over by traffic, Hard drive survived, the laptop didn't.
6.)
I'm boring everyone enough already, and the list goes on and on and on. . .

Back in the good ol' days, when HP manufactured (and serviced) calculators in Corvallis, they had a "wall of shame" display. Amazing the things some people did to their calculators, and asked for warranty replacement/service.

Ooooo I'd love to see that.

Back in the good ol' days, when HP manufactured (and serviced) calculators in Corvallis, they had a "wall of shame" display. Amazing the things some people did to their calculators, and asked for warranty replacement/service.
Considering the types of people who taught themselves to comply to the bent logic of RPN calculators, I can only imagine.

Well ... I'm kinda a backwards Polack (from my mother's side), so I took to RPN like a duck to water. We don' need no steenkin' parentheses!

You should see what folks have brought to me for repair over the years.
Coffee - Black is no problem at all.
1.)
I once came back to my office after lunch to find a laptop in a shopping bag sitting on my desk with a post-it saying that it 'died over the weekend at home", well it was filled with cat pee. His cat liked laying on the keyboard cause it was warm I guess, and had relieved itself while resting.
I shoved it in a trash can and returned it to his office with a sternly written note....
2.)
Merlot spilt all over the keyboard. Corrodes the innards of the computer. Was able to rescue the family's photos off the hard drive without problem though.
3.)
Laptop in case with bottle of OJ for company on trans-atlantic flight. rescued data, laptop - toasted.
4.)
ANY energy drink spilt onto keyboard - corrodes everything it touches...
5.)
Panasonic Toughbook dropped off of back of truck and driven over by traffic, Hard drive survived, the laptop didn't.
6.)
I'm boring everyone enough already, and the list goes on and on and on. . .
I had to laugh at the cat pee as I was in a running war with my daughter's cat. It destroyed my old set of speakers, luckily the hardest thing to replace was the tweeters and they were out of "range". The cat was super sneaky so I only saw the damage and the smell. I helicoptered that crazed feline more than once. After a particularly bad day came home to find the porky feline laying on my turntable like it was her's with a look like "hatchagonnado fool?". All those years of frisbee came back like no time had elapsed.

LMAO and the Wife is chuckling also...
Some cats just have attitudes. . .
I had to laugh at the cat pee as I was in a running war with my daughter's cat. It destroyed my old set of speakers, luckily the hardest thing to replace was the tweeters and they were out of "range". The cat was super sneaky so I only saw the damage and the smell. I helicoptered that crazed feline more than once. After a particularly bad day came home to find the porky feline laying on my turntable like it was her's with a look like "hatchagonnado fool?". All those years of frisbee came back like no time had elapsed.

Back