Wrench Madness- Tale of 3 Wrenches

Gotta love it when you gotta plan, the scrap and enough tooling to make it happen.

Good job Doc and thanks for sharing.

(meant in jest...)
There you go making me check the map and make sure I've got my geography correct, just to be certain.
I'm going to have to call that 'Central California Creativity' I wouldn't be afraid to use UD's 'Equalizing Assistance Bar'.
'Redneck Creativity' I'll have to submit, is bak har, and some things I've seen I wouldn't get near or use if you paid me. :grin:
You haven't been to Tracy I take it....

Does Yreka count? Biz trip to NorCal, thought I was going to Eureka.
Boy was I surprised when I got my itinerary.
Chicago - Portland - Medford, rental car to Yreka?!! :oops:

A couple of trips to Lawrence Berkeley & Lawrence Livermore so kind of close....

You haven't been to Tracy I take it....

Yreka is close, what a lot of folks in the rest of the country don't realize is that a lot of California is an awful lot like the rest of the country. It ain't all like Santa Cruz;)

John

The central part of the state is all AG so John is right. It's more like the middle of the country. I spent my life till I was 59yrld in the south valley from Merced, Fresno and Visalia. Now live in Los Osos.

A couple of years ago my wife talked me into renting a booth at IBMA (International Bluegrass Music Association) for a week in Raliegh NC. The area and the people were wonderful. There were two shockers for me. Because of IBMA there were over 100,000 bluegrass musicians and fans from all over the world in town for the week long event and ultimately we'd get asked where were from. I'd always cringe and be ready for the worst when I'd say California. To a person I got a warm smile and "we love Califirnians, we have a bunch of ex pats here". The other shock was almost nobody had what I'd call a southern accent. Many I grew up with and were native Californians did.

It was 'First Friday' in downtown Knoxville last night.
The local station WDVX, broadcasts from the Visitor's Center and featured a BG band that had one member from North Dakota and another from Colorado in it.
Open 'Mic' nights around town are enjoyable at times.

The central part of the state is all AG so John is right. It's more like the middle of the country. I spent my life till I was 59yrld in the south valley from Merced, Fresno and Visalia. Now live in Los Osos.

A couple of years ago my wife talked me into renting a booth at IBMA (International Bluegrass Music Association) for a week in Raliegh NC. The area and the people were wonderful. There were two shockers for me. Because of IBMA there were over 100,000 bluegrass musicians and fans from all over the world in town for the week long event and ultimately we'd get asked where were from. I'd always cringe and be ready for the worst when I'd say California. To a person I got a warm smile and "we love Califirnians, we have a bunch of ex pats here". The other shock was almost nobody had what I'd call a southern accent. Many I grew up with and were native Californians did.

Back