Wrong Rpm Motor On My Wards Version Logan 200

https://web.mail.comcast.net/service/home/~/?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=870611&part=3
I think you'd be wise to follow the advice above and swap or at least remove the motor. A lathe designed to run at 2000 max rpm might object, violently, to 4000. The next owner might not be as inquisitive about what's correct for the lathe and could wind up injuring himself or others. The frame type is usually listed on the motor tag and I've found used 1/2hp 56 frame motors regularly in the $15-20 range.
I listed my need for a motor on the Jacksonville Craigslist. I found a motor for $40.00 that may do the job. I hope to talk to the guy in the morning. My link for the picture is at the top of the post, for some reason.

Link returns an error.

Hopefully this will work. I want to see the motor without the pump housing attached before I make a decision. Would like to get the deal done today.

20151122_195608.jpg

That works. Like you, I can't tell from the photo how the flange adapter is attached to the motor.

the motor is a cradle mount 56 frame, the pump mount is integral to the cradle.

Last edited:
I was watching some youtube stuff today about dc motor conversions on a drill press. I went and looked at my old Craftsman drill press, and low and behold it has the motor I need. It is now loosely attached to the lathe! I can now take my time attaching my 3/4 hp motor or locating another 1725 rpm motor or maybe even a dc conversion on the drill press. It is Thanksgiving !

Nice looking piece of machinery. I have another question about the Model 200 and the Wards version. In pictures I have seen of the Logan 200 it appears they have forward and reverse, but the pictures of the Wards version only show the switch with on/off with no apparent reverse switch position. Is this correct and if so does anyone know why? Happy New Year and a belated Merry Christmas.

My Logan 200 originally had a forward-off-reverse toggle switch mounted on a plate on the headstock as in the following picture:
IMG_1023_zpsbw26mxmn.jpg

Today, it has an on/off switch in that location and forward/reverse is handle via a drum switch.
IMG_1050_zpspsgjiaqm.jpg

IMG_1023_zpsbw26mxmn.jpg

IMG_1050_zpspsgjiaqm.jpg

IMG_1023_zpsbw26mxmn.jpg

IMG_1050_zpspsgjiaqm.jpg

IMG_1023_zpsbw26mxmn.jpg

IMG_1050_zpspsgjiaqm.jpg

IMG_1023_zpsbw26mxmn.jpg

IMG_1050_zpspsgjiaqm.jpg

IMG_1023_zpsbw26mxmn.jpg

IMG_1050_zpspsgjiaqm.jpg

Back