Wt Zx45 Mill

TXShelbyman

Registered
Registered
I have a WT ZX45 mill that I bought used. It is a very nice machine which has see very little use. I believe it is a 110 only machine. I think something may be wired wrong or I am just dense. When you turn the switch to "F" the spindle turns counter clockwise. When you move the switch to "R" the spindle turns clockwise. This seems backwards. Is this normal for the machine to operate this way or is something wrong? Thanks!

It may be wired wrong, or may be in low speed and the gearing makes it turn backward. But, don't worry about it. I don't mean to be flippant but just put a piece of tape over the lettering.:grin: It won't damage the motor.

Many machines have the same issue, including mine.:)

Thanks for the insight. I will look at it tomorrow and see if it is indeed the speed selected causing it. Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks again.

Jeb

Well it was not the speed that was doing it. It was the switch wiring. My mill has a 1.5hp motor. It has 4 wires coming out of it a yellow, a black and two reds. The reds control the motor direction. I had to draw the entire diagram out from motor to switch to figure this one out. On my mill the red wires coming out of the motor were marked at the switch as U1 and U2. And yes they change color between switch and motor, my U2 was blue at the switch and the U1 was brown at the switch. I swapped the two and now my forward and reverse are correct. Thanks again.

Happy to hear you got it sorted out! :encourage:

Back