homecnc

Registered
Registered
Hello all,

I am looking for a medium-sized lathe (9-12" swing, 20-36" bed) preferably in the SE PA or DE area.

I am working off a very limited budget, hence wouldn't be able to afford the latest and greatest. Ideally I would like a functional Emco Maximat (models 7 through 10), one of the Atlas 9" models, or similar.

If you have one lying around that you are thinking of selling, please shoot me a PM/email.

Thanks.

Keep an eye on Craig’s list, they seem plentiful in your neck of the woods

I am doing exactly that. Most of the lathes currently posted on Craigslist are too large for my home-shop. I will keep looking though.

Thanks.

I'll keep a watchful eye out for you also . You're right up the road from me !

Were you successful in your search for that lathe? I just might have one soon .

Sorry for the super-late response. No, I wasn't able to find one. Still searching on all the usual forums/places (Craigslist, etc.).

Please let me know if you are still planning on selling yours.

Thanks!

Thanks a lot for that link. I will have it bookmarked.

I am not sure I will be able to get there (around an hour and a half from my place) since it is going to be a very busy weekend for me. I wish I was able to.

We have another auction place here (Paradise Equipment at Paradise, PA). Usually they have much heavier/larger lathes/mills, and they go quick. I am guessing forums such as these, as well as Craigslist, would probably work best for me.

Thanks again.

Most likely I'll be getting 2 12" lathes very soon . An Atlas and a Clausing . I'll keep in touch .

Back