WTB B&S #9 arbors for recently acquired Sheldon No. 0

Registered
Registered
Looking for arbors and cutters for a Sheldon No. 0 mill. If you're tripping over a box of them in your shop, and they're surplus to your needs, please let me know.

Whassup?

No pics yet, haven't even powered it up. Brought it home Monday, so hopefully over the weekend I'll get around to it. Will post some pics for sure.

Dang, I just bought two buckets of #10 tooling. So close!

Rather than trying to find B&S #9 end mills I would try to find some B&S #9 collets, then use straight shank end mills. There are several individual collets, and a couple sets for sale on eBay. several tooling supply houses also sell the collets as sets or on an individual basis. My US Machine Tools horizontal mill uses the same collets. I use the same straight shank end mills in my Bridgeport and the US Machine Tools mill

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.
Since I have zero experience with a horizontal mill I find myself wondering what I’ll use this for.
I’ve seen folks convert the spindle to an R8 and that seems like a possibility. Conversely, how hard could it be to make an arbor?

I was going through my B&S 10 stuff and in the bottom of the container were two B&S 9 pieces, an end mill and a reducer from 9 to 7. Any interest? End mill says M2x1-1/2

Thanks for keeping me in mind. Since I'm not sure what I'll be doing with this mill I'm going to hold off on buying tooling. I'm waiting on some cord to be able to plug it in. The cord it came with is too short to reach the outlet. Hopefully it won't go up in smoke when I plug in in, lol.

Back