WTB Belleville washers

dlane

Active User
Registered
Looking for 100 4-40 BHCS Belleville washers , or someone that can make them from spring steel
OD 0.200
ID 0.119 I could cone them and temper
Accurate screw machine sent me a sample of 10 pcs they were week but could work stacked up
but at $5.00 a piece They've lost there mind,
I've checked several places , they were all too big or custom made$$
I was thinking SS .008-.010 shim stock stamped out tempered might work ?
You would think there should be bazillions of these out there at reasonable prices

Posted this in can you make me something but didn't show up in new posts ?
Any help much appreciated

If I was to punch my own spring washers 0.008 thick what material would you use
SS , spring steel, high/low carbon steel , heat red quench oil ,then temper
Thanks

Thanks David, there sizes aren't close enough , I've looked there, also out of the country can't talk to them

I suppose you understand this, but just in case; Belleville washers come in standard sizes (and conical shape which equals spring tension) just like nuts and bolts. If you want a special size you will pay for it, the same as ordering a custom sized bolt. Places like McMaster Carr, Fastenall, the above line, etc. have many types and sizes (which come close to what you want). I found a metric size close to what you specify on McMaster for around $7 per 100.

I would think a 4-40 bhcs would be a standard size,

Thanks for checking Groundhog, smallest I found there was 8 mm od 4.2mm Id , way big

Randy for some reason that link doesn't open the final one. I tried that before as well.

David

Back