WTB Brown and Sharpe #672 Taper Parallel Gage

macardoso

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Hi All,

Anyone have an extra set of B&S #672 gages? These look like an awesome way to get an ID measured with mics. I can't justify the price of tri-mike bore gages and I don't always trust telescoping gages down to tenths.

These rarely come up on eBay.

Mike

Are these dial bore gages? Edit . Looks like taper pins for measuring .

They're sorta like adjustable parallels but with rounded tops. They fit in a bore, then you expand them and mic over the gage hanging outside the bore. Apparently accurate to tenths or better, but not a tri lobe measurement.

1610562826435.png

Last edited:
I found a set of those on e bay, and like them very much. I look on e bay with a favorite search every day, and see them perhaps once a month, or so.

I found a set of those on e bay, and like them very much. I look on e bay with a favorite search every day, and see them perhaps once a month, or so.
I have a search set up too. What is a good/fair price?

I do not remember what I paid, it was over 10 years ago, but I think $50-60 would be fair.

Hi All,

Anyone have an extra set of B&S #672 gages? These look like an awesome way to get an ID measured with mics. I can't justify the price of tri-mike bore gages and I don't always trust telescoping gages down to tenths.

These rarely come up on eBay.

Mike
I know this is an old thread but did you ever buy a set of these?

I know this is an old thread but did you ever buy a set of these?
I wish. They’re still on my eBay search. They rarely come up and the price has skyrocketed. I don’t want to spend $300-400 for a set of these.

I wish. They’re still on my eBay search. They rarely come up and the price has skyrocketed. I don’t want to spend $300-400 for a set of these.
Evidently ebay search is useless as i currently have the winning bid on a set. They were just going to be a back up set for me because i use mine all the time. If i know it’s you i will let you win. Just let me know what your handle is on ebay and i won’t outbid you.

Attachments

• E30E948A-3C3F-4A5C-ABF3-34530878BA64.png
    E30E948A-3C3F-4A5C-ABF3-34530878BA64.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 49
Also, there’s a buy now for $124. Not in the greatest shape but they will still do the job.

Attachments

• B4337375-F9EB-47F2-95FD-EF90CB581CBB.png
    B4337375-F9EB-47F2-95FD-EF90CB581CBB.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
Back