WTB Clausing 8511 / 8520 Vertical Mill Non Head Parts

Shiseiji

Avid destroyer of many materials.
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I have an 8511 but 8520 parts fit. Table handle(s), X table screw, table bearing housings, please let me know what you have.

TIA

Ron

I have an 8511 but 8520 parts fit. Table handle(s), X table screw, table bearing housings, please let me know what you have.

TIA

Ron
Hello Ron,
I have a Clausing that is 8511 complete and functional. It's only problem is that a gear, involved in raising and lowering the spindle, is damaged. This gear lives behind the cover, where the shaft for the hand wheel comes through. I would sell this "knee mill" for $600, or if you or anyone has this handwheel assembly, I could use a gear out of it! Thank you, Garrett

The Clausings 8520, 30, 40 (58xx) were sold with Clausing mill heads and your description seems to indicate you have an 8520 as the M head spindle gear is inside the head, there isn't a cover which I have seen on the Clausings heads. The little I've found indicates the 8511 was fitted with a Bridgeport "M" head and 8513 were sold without any head at all. There is a Clausing board https://groups.io/g/clausingusers/topics as well as a FaceBook group. I'm not big on FB. I've joined but then never spent any time in it. Just in case you want to try to chase down a gear. Attached is the Clausing parts breakdown. Boston Gear may have what you need if you want to fix it.

So all that said, are you interested in trying to ship it? Or parts? I'm in N. VA. If you are anywhere near a Fastenal store, they will ship from store to store.

Attachments

• Clausing_8520_8525_and_Notes.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 9
Back