WTB: D1-4 camlock chuck

keeena

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Just seeing if anybody has a D1-4 camlock chuck they are interested in selling. Preferably 3 jaw, but might be interested in a 4 jaw or ER40 nose.

I got a new one with the integrated camlock studs from cdco. I'm pretty happy with it. You might try looking at those or other chinesium chucks like it. Mine was pretty low runout. Buying a plate and chuck and fitting them to your lathe would probably improve runout, but it seems to increase the price too. If you order something real nice and your finger stutters, don't forget I have a D1-4 spindle too. I could get the extra one out of your way.

Hi @LEEQ - Thanks for the feedback on CDCO's chucks! I very well may buy a new one; just checking if anyone had one they didn't need. This chuck is for a used lathe I bought which I'm just gauging performance to see if I want to keep the lathe or not. I'm at a point where I got some mechanical issues sorted and now I want to sling some chips to see if it's worth putting time / effort into.

Didn't quite follow the last part of your post: do you mean you have one for sale?

@keeena,

So far, all of the response posts have been telling of a chuck that they bought and have been pleased with. None are offers to sell.

I was just saying if you accidentally bought 2 top of the line chucks, I'd take one off your hands.

I ended up buying a new one a couple months ago to test out the lathe. Went with Chris' suggestion and bought the same 3-jaw chuck but in 8" from Shars (link). Not high-end, but it's decent - mine is running at about 0.0015 TIR too. Happy with it for the price.

That said: the lathe is looking like a keeper, so I'm still interested in a 4 jaw and a jacobs flex collet chuck in D1-4 in case anyone stumbles on the post and has one for sale.

I ended up buying a new one a couple months ago to test out the lathe. Went with Chris' suggestion and bought the same 3-jaw chuck but in 8" from Shars (link). Not high-end, but it's decent - mine is running at about 0.0015 TIR too. Happy with it for the price.

That said: the lathe is looking like a keeper, so I'm still interested in a 4 jaw and a jacobs flex collet chuck in D1-4 in case anyone stumbles on the post and has one for sale.
My lathe came with an 8" 4 jaw that I don't think has ever been used, nor kept oiled up... Im not sure how it will come out after its Evap O rust spa treatment ill be doing soon, but if its not to my liking Ill be selling / trading / buying a new one. Ill let you know..!

I have an 8" 4 jaw buck chuck listed in the for sale threads. I recently found the D1-4 back plate that came with it.

sold

Last edited:
Back