wtb logan steadyrest for 10"

hey wa5cab that yearly raise is called cost of living... u get a raise because the price of everything elsegoes up.. if has was still a nickel a gallon we could all maintain working for peanuts... your right tho as our wage goes up it drives up the price of everything we buy its a chicken and egg thing.. and all know that all manufacturing has pretty much left north America now

Bob If you are doing this to make a living I totally agree with you that you are better off buying what you need. Time is money and any time spend making something that you can buy costs you income.
On the other hand if you are doing this as a hobby like I am then making something instead of buying is part of the hobby. I have learned so much by making stuff that I would not have learned otherwise. While I will never be a machinist my skill set has increased dramatically over the last couple of years by making stuff. I learn something from every project that I make.

I'm an EE by profession. I almost always seem to have something better to do. I guess I could have put it that contrary to what some here and elsewhere seem to think, just because you "can" make something does not mean that you "must" make it. Plus it could certainly be said that I have the collector's mentality about some of this stuff. If I had an ABC machine and was looking for an accessory, I would hate to learn that someone with an XYZ machine had acquired the accessory that I was looking for and irreversibly modified it to fit his/her XYZ.

was really hoping one of you might have one in your "inventory" or a good lead

Back