wtb w68-2 atlas universal compound vise table top

eric chilton

Registered
Registered
hi i'm looking for the atlas universal compound vise table top part #w68-2 . and possible the vise parts .........thanks eric...........

hello all ......i have won the bid on the table ..............so now if someone with a w68 universal compound table would be kind enough to give me the measurements on the vise parts .....i will make some out of angle or solid bar stock .....thanks ......Eric..........

Eric,

I have the 1614 Table and can make sketches of the vise jaws. However, It's my plan to call Clausing next week and see whether or not they can send the jaw parts drawings to me. It will probably depend upon whether they still have one in stock or not. I tried to call this afternoon but had forgotten that they close early on Fridays.

Eric,

I have the 1614 Table and can make sketches of the vise jaws. However, It's my plan to call Clausing next week and see whether or not they can send the jaw parts drawings to me. It will probably depend upon whether they still have one in stock or not. I tried to call this afternoon but had forgotten that they close early on Fridays.
hi Robert i lucked up if you can say that and won the bid on a table top 2 weeks ago ...........but it didn't come with the vise parts .....i could have waited for another one to come up ...but i get tired of chasing all these tools down and don't like to wait ....anyway that would be great if you do get the drawing..........are the jaws keyed to the tee slots of the table ? ........thanks for all your help !!!! as my trade school teacher would have said ....your a scholar and a gentleman....thanks again .....Eric.........

OK, I'll try to remember to call Clausing on Monday. To answer your question above, yes, the two jaws are keyed on the bottom. That's the reason that the T-Nuts are shallower than typical.

I did call Clausing after looking up the part numbers. The complete table, X_Y base and vise jaws is now Model Nr. 1614. Calling the two jaws the plain jaw and the adjustable jaw, they don't have a plain jaw W68-3 still in stock but in their computer the part number is still listed as current. The adjustable jaw is actually two part numbers. W68-4 is the part clamped to the table. Its face has four holes through it, two tapped for the two clamping screws and two plain for the guide pins. 1614-10 is the actual clamping face with two guide pins sticking out of the back. Both parts are still in stock. So at the moment, no drawings available.

They have one W68-4 left in stock @ $85 (and one complete 1614 - and you don't want to know what the price is on the 1614). They have 15 of 1614-10 in stock @ $45. My suggestion would be to buy one of the 1614-10's and after it arrives, make the W68-3 and W68-4 out of steel bar stock.

Back