WTK Good DRO for PM 835s

I just spoke withMatt an hour or so ago. He gave me a quote a little under $500 for a three axis DRO for the PM 835. While they are glass scales, it’s at least half the price of the nearest competitor. I think I might just go for that one.

My machines were both mill/drills so the three axes were x, y, and quill. I used aluminum plate and angle for the most part. I modified the supplied scale covers to suit my needs. I mounted the x axis scales to the front of the machines using O1 flat stock and spacers so that the power feed and limit switches were still functional. The quill scales were the most challenging. On one, I used the depth stop qnd on the other a custom made clamp for the quill. I have a compplete set of SolidWorks files for the second, a Grizzly G0755. While not the same as your mill, it might give you some ideas as to how to proceeed. PM me if you wish to see them.
I don't want to hijack this post but was wondering what you think of your G0755? Thanks, Kevin

I don't want to hijack this post but was wondering what you think of your G0755? Thanks, Kevin
I didn't have a chance to use it very much but from what little I did with it, I thought it was a decent machine. It and the G4000 lathe we bought at the same time are what convinced me to buy a G0602 lathe for myself.

The only problem that I recall was with the set screw used as a key for the R8 socket. It had worked in too far which prevented R8 tooling from being inserted. I removed the set screw and replaced it with a modified socket head cap screw which could be locked down and impossible to seat too far into the socket.

Back