WTK RPM For 2 1/2 face mill

Nice to see you up and running. I am sure there are alot of people interested in the 835s. So any hint of a review? In the market and this is one on the list.

So was it able to hand the 2.5" face mill?

My PM-30 handles a 2.5” facemill at 0.050” no problem, mine’s also a 45 degree type. I run 1500 rpm or a little less in steel and 3000 in aluminum. The SEHT inserts I have are unknown chinesium but similar at Shars show 600-1200 sfpm or something crazy.

I was planning on doing a review on the 835. I have a DRO on order from precision Matthews. Unfortunately, my garage is filled with a lot of stuff I had in storage from my recent move. Might be a few weeks before I have everything cleared out and not yet had the opportunity to run the face mill as yet

Any thoughts on the mill? Ready to purchase a mill. One on my radar. Looks great! How are the castings if you haven t run it. Not worried about the head.

The castings in the base are slightly above average for a Chinese machine. It has its share of Bondo to hide some of the casting imperfections. However, I would say the table ways and dovetails are tight and well machined. I will also say that the one pump oiling system is a humongous plus. I was able to maintain about .001 On the entire x axis travel. I was speaking to Matt a few days ago about the installation of a DRO I purchased from him and he commented to me he only has one more 835 left. Another shipment is not expected till September. So if you were on the fence, I would act quickly .

Chiroone you say you held .001 across the entire x axis. Is this the best you could achieve after tramming the head? Ready to purchase a mill but will be patient and sure it s what I want. Thanks for the reply.

Back