WTK Were to buy 2x72 belt Grinder or kit

chiroone

Registered
Registered
Good source for a 2 x 72 grinder? I’d be willing to make one for a kit because I did hear they are available,Just not sure who makes the best one.

I don't think there is a best one in a general sense. They have different features and price points. For example, some can rotate. I don't see any reason to, particularly for tool bits, but some people like it. Perhaps it makes more sense to the knife guys? I've never ground a blade so I can't really say.

Pre made and kits tend to be pricey. That was why I went DIY. There are some high quality machines out there, but out of my price range. If I were to buy, I would look closely at Vashti Tactical Design (Facebook) and https://oregonblademaker.com. Both look to be high quality.

Want to thank everybody for the advice, I decided to go with the Reeder belt grinder simply because I like the idea that I could go into the horizontal position. I’m not a knife maker, rather an amateur machinist like most people here. These things seem very effective at shaping metal and can be very quick at hogging it down especially at the high-speed’s and larger grit sizes especially with the ceramic belt. I’ll post some pictures when I have it set up

Looks like a good grinder. I hope you make lots of dust with it!

Back