X Axis Direction ???

Scruffy

Active User
Registered
Just got my 9-j hooked up today. I think my x axis is reversed? Because of the stop dogs is this possible?

X axis direction?

Got my 9-j wired up and running today but it seems that the x axis power feed is running backward because of the stop dogs. Is this possible? What's the cure ??
Thanks scruff

not familiar with that machine, but does it possibly have a tumbler reverse switch for the feed?

I will take this one step further - are you sure the motor turns in the 'right' direction (spindle is turning CCW)?

That helps some!! With my forward -reverse spindle switch in forward the spindle turns clockwise. If in reverse position it turns cc clockwise. The previous owner replaced the reversing switch. If I run the spindle in reverse the table feeds in the right direction. I kinda. Think I have the motor wired wrong and the previous owner wired the reversing switch backward!!! Hope this helps explain. What's going on

Scruffy not sparky

That helps some!! With my forward -reverse spindle switch in forward the spindle turns clockwise. If in reverse position it turns cc clockwise. The previous owner replaced the reversing switch. If I run the spindle in reverse the table feeds in the right direction. I kinda. Think I have the motor wired wrong and the previous owner wired the reversing switch backward!!! Hope this helps explain. What's going on

Scruffy not sparky

yup. that's what it seems to be.

when the spindle turns CCW, the carriage feed should be right --> left.

sounds like the motor/FWD-REV switch are wired in reverse. reverse wires, and it should clear the problem.

When the spindle is turning ccw should the forward switch say forward or reverse ?
Thanks scruffy

Ummm.......I think a little clarification might be in order here. Since I'm not familiar with what a 9-J is, it would help to know whether it is a lathe or a mill. I think from Sruffy's posts referencing the "table" it is probably a mill.

From PurpleLev's posts I believe he is under the impression that it's a lathe.

Makes a big difference when you're talking spindle direction, etc.

Can you tell us exactly what machine you have so we can hopefully help?

Steve

Problems solved!!!

Reversed motor that made table feed right

Switched wires in spindle reversing switch

Everything is right now switch says forward and spindle is turning cw and table feeds right

Thanks for all the knowledge and help

Scruffy

Back