X-axis (NO) T-slot help needed

I would just drill N tap some holes in the existing bar, in locations that would be where you may want the stops, and mount them that way.

Installing with a DRO really creates a conflict because you want to install the DRO scale on the front of the table where the stop would normally go. A lot of people install the DRO scale on the back of the tabel........ Bad idea, this limits your Y travel.
Jim I was seriously considering to put the x-axis scale in the front just to discover that it won't allow me to use my bed locks. It was all fine up until the point I saw that if I was going to mount the scale cover that it will be totally in the way of the lock levers. Well so now I don't have a choice but to mount at the back. On top of that,remember I said will only be losing about 22mm of travel..........WRONG,with the cover on,it is 40mm,but I think I am going to make a cover that is narrower, it doesn't need to be so wide.

Extending the bed lock screws is not out of the question. :) Maybe add about 40mm to the screw length.

No I don't think you understand, but I will post a picture tomorrow to give a better idea.

Ahh, I think I understand. The scale housing completely covers the lock screws. Yeah, that's problem.

That's one reason I'm a real fan of magnetic scales. 1mm thick and 10mm wide.

Here is the X scale on my mill.
1574793192894.png

Yeah that's exactly the problem,but I will make a narrower cover and learn to live with it.

I don't know if my technique would be practical for your mill and DRO scale ... but maybe it'll give you the beginnings of an approach. It's how I installed a cheapo scale to the table of my Grizzly RF-30 clone. Note that the original power feed stops are unimpeded. The wide loops of the mounts allow for cable clearance.
kHPIM5800.jpgkHPIM5801.jpgkHPIM5802.jpg

Hallo guys.

So I kind of took brinos advice and I went to a aluminium frameworks company that is just down the road from and and this is what they made for me for R50.00 (about $3.50). Then I just screwed it in and modified the stops a bit to fit and my problem was solved. Thanks for everyone's advice and input.
20200107_155435.jpg

20200107_155448.jpg

Back