X axis power feed for 6x26 knee mill

Well, I looked at the table stops, plastic and the key on the back side is too deep to allow the t-nuts to tighten. So I dug through my box of scraps and found a piece of angle 6061 3"x1/2". It is almost like the guy who put together my proto pack knew what I was going to need for this project. When I opened the box the day it came I looked at that beast of an angle and thought to myself, "That will be sitting on the shelf when I am long gone". Well, the remaining 6" may be there but 2 of them are going to be new limit stops.

And then I looked at the limit switch itself and the bracket for it kind of cheap as well and needing significant modification to fit. So, it is back to the scrap box. I may even go through the trouble of putting the pointer back on it.

LOL. Those plastic spring stops are real "gems". I milled the back of them to sit square and be able to tighten them. Then a week later I turned two round stops. Since the limit switches are spring loaded, no need for another spring.

You can see the stops in this photo along with the mounting block for the limit switch.20200331_125924.jpg

BTW if anyone is interested...

Looking at the last photo, I installed 1 micron Ditron magnetic reader heads and magnetic tape. The tape has 3M adhesive on the backside, I just cut it to length and stuck to the table side for the X axis. For the Y and Z axis I stuck to a 1/8 thick by 1" wide stainless sleel flat bar. You will need to custom fab mounting blocks/brackets for the read heads. They also supply thin metal tape to stick over the magnetic tape for protection since the mag tape is soft. Very low profile setup and minimal chip accumulation. I also installed Yuri's Touch DRO on a 10" Android compatible Pad. I can work within tenths no problem. Ditron official store on AliExpress. Excellent service. Excellent communication. If they don't list it just send a message and they answer promptly. Delivery prior to Covid 19 was one week FedEx. $462.00 for 3 heads and 2 meters of mag tape and 2 meters of cover tape delivered. They will also provide custom length on the read head cables at no extra charge. Keeps from having thee loops of cables hanging. Very clean install. :)

I had to mount my bulky x-axis dro on the back side of table.

This is the power feed I used:

To install X axis power feed to HF626 mill and keep hand wheel.
Steps:

1. Need to extend the x axis lead screw shaft by 3.188"( 4.188" Overall length). if you follow this setup. You need to turn a 1 inch long reduced diameter on this stub shaft to insert into a bore that you will drill into the existing lead screw shaft.
I'm afraid you lost me, here. Are you talking about the mill's lead screw, or one that comes with the power feed kit?

I'm afraid you lost me, here. Are you talking about the mill's lead screw, or one that comes with the power feed kit?
The Mill's lead screw needs to be lengthened.

I had to mount my bulky x-axis dro on the back side of table.
That's a killer. Lose valuable Y axis travel. That's why I went with Magnetic scales and magnetic tape.

Back