X Axis Power Feed

Capt45

Former Member
I'm needing a x axis power feed for my PM25MV, any suggestions? I've looked at PM's offering and have found the same unit for almost 1/2 the price as PM, but I'm not sure they are exactly the same. Would be fantastic if they were.

The PM power feed comes with an adapter plate to mount the power feed sideways instead of hanging down. That's probably the reason for the difference in price. There's generally not enough clearance from the mounting surface for the power feed to hang down on the PM25MV.

While the two units appear identical the bracket is probably the difference. Thanks.

In the PM unit, There is an adapter that fits on the lead screw for the gear that drives the motor.

While you're at it, put a ball bearing on both ends of the X axis drive screw.

What is this thing called "ball bearing" on both ends?;) Where would one get such appliance?

Put the PM model on couple weeks ago on a PM25, need to use the online directions not the ones that come in the box.
Lever set up for left side using mounting plate.
Works great, needed to fab up a spacer for the over run stop switch.
Good unit, fast and you ca still run hand wheel smoothly

Thanks, good to know info. When you say you put the PM model on, I assume you mean the unit PM sells. I might have to wait until my Covid 19 assistance comes in to order it, but I'm certain I'll need/like it when it's installed.

One note on the PM25mv powerfeed: It seems like a lot of people don't get the gear mesh right which makes the handwheel harder to turn, and slows down the operation of the powerfeed in general.

Use a piece of paper to mesh the gears and you'll get smoother operation than what some of reported.

Back