didnt see you here i was in another area
that was fast shipping
lets see what you got...
steve

measure the shafts to see what size they are so your couplings are right
flats are required if the couplings are set screw type to make removal easy
if your couplings are compression type leave them round for more gripping area
steve

They are 8mm shafts and i have already email cnc fusion and they are reaming out 5/16 couplers for me but i dont know how they attach i will just wait and see.

I would bench test the motors and drives first
so if you have your wire follow the video and wire everything do not connect the power supply untill you first check the output voltage.
the drives should mount on their sides in the case try fitting everything in planning to put a fan blowing in on the front panel perforations and the other fan blowing out the rear cover all other holes with tin
see how things fit and post a pic.
but dont mount anything untill tested ok?
steve

if you recieved a pdf file with the instructions post it here also
post any information you may have
a close up pic of the breakout board would help me also
steve

I did not get any info or instructions

e-stop and limit switchs are not required to test everything and once wiring and switch settings are confirmed everything can be completely mounted on the machine and run without them just make sure you have a main power switch
if there will be no plug at the motors, i would wire them putting the heat shrink on each wire and a larger one that fits over the sheilded wire. but not heated yet so we can verify color codes. connect and solder everything leaving them well seperated and scotch taped to a piece of cardboard for checking
six feet of wire to each motor will probably do matters where your enclosure will be located.
steve

Here is what i have found on there website for the motors
StepperMotorLeads.jpg

Found this on a nother site but i have not received this yet so hopfully it will come with instructions
untitled.png

Heres a close up of the driver

IMG_0247.jpg

StepperMotorLeads.jpg

untitled.png

IMG_0247.jpg

e-stop and limit switchs are not required to test everything and once wiring and switch settings are confirmed everything can be completely mounted on the machine and run without them just make sure you have a main power switch
if there will be no plug at the motors, i would wire them putting the heat shrink on each wire and a larger one that fits over the sheilded wire. but not heated yet so we can verify color codes. connect and solder everything leaving them well seperated and scotch taped to a piece of cardboard for checking
six feet of wire to each motor will probably do matters where your enclosure will be located.
steve

Ok should i solder the 6ft wire leads on the motors now then? Ill be back soon.

ok
did you get your wire ? if so tell me the colors of each wire
take a good pic of the breakout board and post it
I will look up everything and post a wiring diagram with wire colors and where they connect for you
dont wire anything yet.
we will go slow making sure to wire each motor the same color codes first.
then progress
If some of the things seem a bit simple about what i'm telling you thats good
I'd rather say things you already know than assume you know and forget to say it
we are going to do this with no mistakes the first time
steve

I have to go for a while will be back in about an hour and a half
i will message you when i'm back

Back