X2 Mini Mill CNC Conversion?

tell you what i'm going to have dinner and search later we are still waiting on other parts
check back later or in the morning
I know that cost you money and i'm rechecking the ebay post also... no matter who's mistake it was it cost money.
steve

tell you what i'm going to have dinner and search later we are still waiting on other parts
check back later or in the morning
I know that cost you money and i'm rechecking the ebay post also... no matter who's mistake it was it cost money.
steve

Ok no problem things happen i will look back on ebay and post the link here

Should i solder those wires to the motors?

yes the second one is it see the shield wire
10' may do it but you better get 20' and we will use the other wire ( non shielded )outside the enclosure
I am sorry it was my mistake i didnt see the huge "non shielded" in the add. I just read stepper motor wire ( duhhhh )
I cost you 21 extra dollars I'm pis..d
order 2- 10' of this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shielded-Ca...s=63&clkid=9000119946542171671&_qi=RTM1084479
steve

yes solder the wires to the motors
sorry i missed your guestion do nothing with the other ends we will test them after soldering dont forget to put the heat shrink on first.
steve

hello mgp
i guess you noticed we got moved to the cnc in the home shop thread
thats good, thats where this should be
steve

I would bench test the motors and drives first
so if you have your wire follow the video and wire everything do not connect the power supply untill you first check the output voltage.
the drives should mount on their sides in the case try fitting everything in planning to put a fan blowing in on the front panel perforations and the other fan blowing out the rear cover all other holes with tin
see how things fit and post a pic.
but dont mount anything untill tested ok?
steve

Can you tell me how to mount the drives im not sure how to mount them on there sides.

I dont have your enclosure dimensions but here is dxf file using 14.5 x 14.5 as the enclosure
unzip it and open it in autocad it is a dxf file
the long rectangles inside each item represent the terminals
let me know if it will fit
and if not send your inside enclosure measurments
steve

Attachments

• enclosure layout.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 25
I dont have your enclosure dimensions but here is dxf file using 14.5 x 14.5 as the enclosure
unzip it and open it in autocad it is a dxf file
the long rectangles inside each item represent the terminals
let me know if it will fit
and if not send your inside enclosure measurments
steve

Ok so im assuming that the rectangles with the arrows are the fans?

Back